The walls of Darbhanga Raj era fort also called Darbhanga Maharaj Ka Kila are 9 feet higher than the Red fort of Delhi .The fort is also known as Ram Bagh Palace and reflects a glimse of the Buland Darwaza of Fatehpur Sikri .
The King of Darbhanga , Kameshwar Singh , has made this Fort to achieve the ‘independent kingdom’ status by the then ruling British establishment .
A company from Kolkata was called who later on started the work of fort construction in 1936 .Thousands of artisans were employed to raise a wall from north , east and south side in a span of six years . The High court put a ban on the construction work of wall from west side in 1942 on the writ of an Aggrwal family , a resident of Banglagarh, during construction of west part .
The wall of west side for that reason is still incomplete .A tricolor flag was hoisted on the Singh Dwar of the fort which is the main entrance to the fort complex .