Now the route for the proposed railway halt construction at Nawada of Biraul-Sakri rail line has become clear . People struggled for seven years for the halts .But they did not succeed in it , then regionalists have started working on their level . After the completion of the construction work , railway will start stoppage of trains .
On the basis of the assurances given by the DRM and the agreed consent, people have taken this step from their level. Krishna Nand Jha , president of Jagdamba Halt Construction Struggle Committee and Ram Kumar Jha Babloo , secretary and member of Zila Parishad laid the foundation .
Railway official also arrived
A general meeting was held on the proposed site on Sunday in the light of talks with DRM on August 9 . The agreement was read in it and it was told to the people . According to the talks with DRM that members of the struggle committee have to arrange soil filling, access path, shed construction, drinking water and lighting with public support at the proposed site. As soon as the ticket is available, the train will be ordered to be stopped. The delegation agreed on assurance .
Process of Halt construction at a glance
- December 08 , 2008 – Railway Minister assured halt construction
- December 12 , 2010- Strike for Halt construction
- February 11 , 2012 – Demonstration in East Central Railway Headquarters Hajipur
- December 15 , 2012- Strike at Darbhanga station
- March 06 , 2013 – Strike in front of DRM office
- October 18 , 2013- Rail Roko movement till 36 hours
- February 15 , 2015- Strike at Jantar- Mantar (Delhi)
- August 25 , 2015 – Rail blockade till 72 hours
- August 09 , 2017 – talks between delegation of struggle committee and DRM