The Bihar State Co-operative Milk Producers Federation (COMPFED) better known for its brand name of Sudha will launch bring cholesterol free ghee by this month.The federation will also launch ‘Packed Chura Dahi’ and some other products before Makar-Sankranti.
‘The preparations in this regard have been completed’,said Abdhesh Kumar Singh , the Minister of Animal and Fishery Resources in a Press conference on Thursday .
Ghee is known for its high cholesterol content, and is a ‘no-no’ for heart patients as it doubles chances of a heart attack. According to the scientists, every 100 gm of ghee contains 300 mg of cholesterol..With new technologies for cholesterol extraction , the cholesterol content may decrease to 45 mg per 100 gm of ghee.
Benefits of the cholesterol free ghee
- There will be no different in taste and smell than any ordinary ghee .
- The ghee will be Rs 30 costlier than a regular ghee.
- This ghee will be sold in a pouch at the counter of Sudha .
- This ghee will not have negative effects on the patients of heart disease .
- This ghee will be easily digestible for the people with a weak digestive system .